This year I had a goal to be 100% done Christmas shopping by December 1st, so I could sit back and enjoy the Christmas season, so I started month's ago, and I am pretty much done by Dec. 1st, beside a few things, I am probably 95% done, but I don't have the Christmas spirit, no excitement, no thrill, and it seems to be fast approaching us, I was thinking that maybe as it got closer I would be excited but I'm not, I was thinking today maybe I needed to update my blog and list some things that I enjoy doing during the holiday season to get me in the mood.
1. I love it to be snowy on Christmas day
2. I like to make white or chocolate pretzels
3. I like to make new dinner or appetizers on Christmas eve.
4. I like the feel of a 75 degree house after being outside (not much about Christmas but the warmth )
5. I like how my kids think Santa is real, and elf's are real ( ask me later)
6. I like giving neighbor's gifts
7. I like all the different food that everyone makes and brings to work to share
8. I like going to Christmas party's
9. I love Christmas music, and they seem not to play it much this year.
10. I love a Christmas tree
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!! and remembers the true meaning of Christmas
2 comments:
Aw, thanks, Janet! I'm having trouble getting the Christmas spirit, too. I'm thinking we don't have enough traditions, and maybe we should make some up. Thanks for the ideas, as well as the idea to write down the things I love!
Oh, and congrats on getting mostly done by Dec. 1st. Yes, I'm jealous, in case you were wondering.
KOZY 106.5 has been playing all Christmas music. It's helped me to get in the mood. I've been too focused on other things too. I need to get more in the mood. I'm not even in the birthday mood yet! I know, weird. Drew's dad asked me how many days until my b-day, and I had to think about it. Drew answered before I figured it out. I guess he's in the mood!
Post a Comment