Sunday, January 23, 2011

The struggles of a 6 year old

So I have a funny story to tell about this girl, But before I start let me explain her personality Emily has always been one to do everything on her own first!! then ask for help, she is dying for a motorcycle and last summer Chris told her she had to ride with no training wheels on your bike before we get a dirt bike, (he thought that would stop the bugging) so Chris took them off he explained what to do and she told Chris let me go I will be fine, and she did day 2 of no training wheels she looked like she was a pro, (That didn't go to well for our plan) so I am sure as soon as it gets warm hear we go again. This is how the story went.
Last Sunday I was cooking dinner and the kids were outside playing with Chris, she comes in the house and sits at the bar stool upset.
Emily: Mom some of the kids at school are calling me a princess
MOM: Honey you act like that's a bad thing, why are they saying that
Emily: because you do my hair to girly
Mom: (as I hold back my laugh because she is furious) Emily what do you want the kids to think about you?
Emily: I want to be known as ONE TOUCH CHICK!!!
MOM: Really Em? its okay to have your hair done all cute like a princess and be a tuff Chick
Emily: oh than that's OK,
so Emily goes back outside to play! phew :)
The funny thing I went thru her clothes and the princess shirt she had is now gone!!
I love my Em.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so cute! Sounds just like her!

Peggy said...

Hahahaha! She IS one tough chick. Gosh, I love her.

Julie said...

That girl! You are going to have your hands full with her and it has already started. But you are doing a great job. You handled that one great.

Neika Boulter said...

i'm so glad you wrote this down! she is so spunky and funny! what a cutie!

Chris and McKell said...

Cute I was just like her!! But I always wanted my hair done before I went to play football with the neighbor boys Tom GIRLS RULE!