Sunday, January 22, 2012

My new hobbie

Isn't that awesome!! found it on pintrest and I find this so true to me!! hint to my last post I quit drinking Mountain dew and decided I was going to get in shape cause I want to run a 5k this year, I actually have for the last 2 yrs but haven't seem to have the desire or the motivation to get of the couch and do something about it, so last November something finally triggered and i got of the couch and started to do something about it, I started doing Zumba and I love it, but I love to run and every time I would go for walks I wanted to just run doesn't really work like that, but I have now started going to the gym and started to train my body and my mind to run, I am in love with it, my only complaint is my mind wants to go further than my body but I am working on it and will get there soon, I am planning on running in the strawberry days run in June with Kristine and Lance, and I may do the run in April hear in Vernal with some friends, they say I should be ready by then, I start to train with them this week, I am super excited and hope the weight will come off fast, I have been working on losing weight for the last 3 months and am down 20 lbs so with my extra gym time it better keep coming off, cause I started doing step aerobics and haven't since high school and I started that last week and I love it but it is kicking my butt, so hopefully between step aerobics and running and other gym things I can do it. I am just thankful Chris is being good about me going to the gym 3-4 times a week, last week I convinced him to come, I told him I needed one more day in for the week so we went together as a family and honestly I need that extra push so thank you!!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

And, it's an awesome new hobbie! 20 lbs! Awesome! Good job. I can't wait to run with you! That's awesome you are doing one in April too - then you wont be nervous about running with us since you'll have one under your belt. Love ya! (And, thanks for the daily motivation texts!)

Kristine said...

Oh, and that quote is rad!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That is so very awesome! I really wish I were mentally where you are right now. I WANT to love it; I just can't seem to do it enough to really fall in love with it.

You inspire me. [I know I'm your sister and all, so that probably came out in a sarcastic voice in your head, but honest! No sarcasm at all.]

Christy Hair said...

Janet!! That's SO awesome!! We are doing a biggest loser back here in Spanish that I entered in to since i had another baby (6 weeks ago!) It's awesome that you walk and your body wants to run! I hope to be able to get to that point!!! Good work, and keep it up!!

Kristine said...

Hey, I tagged you in a post on my blog!
http://ataleofthesetwo.blogspot.com/2012/02/eleven-things-survey.html

Do it! :)

Tiffany said...

That is awesome Janet!!! Wish some of your motivation would rub off on me.