Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving


I love Thanksgiving, it is one of my most favorite times of year, I'm not sure if its the anticipation of Christmas right around the corner, the day after Thanksgiving sale, or if its that turkey and mashed patoes that seam to taste so much better on thanksgiving than any other time of year, my kids ask me the other day what was my favorite holiday, I told them Thanksgiving, and asked them and of course it was Christmas. I thought about it that night, why I loved Thanksgiving so much, I remember as a kid going to my aunts house with all my cousins, aunts and uncles and grandma and lovin that, but I remember my grandma coming to our house one year and I had the flu, I remember her strokin my head and maybe that's why I enjoy it, its a memory of someone that's not on earth anymore and I can still feel her, her touch, her took, and her smell, but I enjoy coming and seeing everyone that sometimes seems like a while.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so sweet. I agree that Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays the whole year. It is nice to have a whole day to just be thankful for what you have.

Kristine said...

I feel the same way. Thank you for sharing! I am thankful I get to see you guys! I love you guys!

Julie said...

That is a nice memory you have of Grandma. I think Thanksgiving is so nice because there is not much shopping, eating all kinds of food is quite satisfying, it is relaxing, you see all the family and sit around and talk. I love Thanksgiving too.

Peggy said...

Aww! That is so sweet!