Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I did it! my first 5k

 Coming up to the finish line.
 Kristine, Lance and Me (I know my face is red, I dont sweat in the face so I go RED!!
 Our Support Group!!

I have always wanted to run in a race a 5k to be exact, I have always admired people that did, they inspired me to, but honestly in my mind I was lazy and thought that it was a lot of work and I really wasent wanting to do anything about it to make it to a run.  Last November I think I became ready I decided I was going to really work on losing weight and getting into shape, I started out doing Zumba and loving it but after a while I got bored, so I started going to the gym and did a lot of differnt stuff there, I even went to some Aerobic classes and weight class's to change it up abit, as soon as it got warm I started to slowly start to run, but by all mean I started out like a few houses running and had to walk for a while, it was so hard to run but I loved to run and wanted to go further, I kept at it and it got better it has taken a long time and a lot of work to get were I felt I could run a 5k, I registered in April knowing I had a few months and that would help me stay motivated, In May I started at Cross fit and quit going to the gym, I started that a few times a week and would fit running in there some way, I did wish I had ran more than I had before the 5k but I was fine, I had ran 3 miles before so I had a feel to it before that actual race.  I will admit, I have sweat a lot and ran my butt off and did exercise's  that I have never done, and pushed my body further than I have ever done and I made it!! I did it, I made my goal and came across that finish line. Kristine asked me if I got emotional and for a sec I thought "oh I'm not the only one" but really I did when I stood at the start I was excited, nervous, I was actually making my dream come true, and I could see the guy waving the flag and got me so excited and to run pass all the people watching made me proud I was actually in the race.  And when the finish line came up I was so excited I made it and the best part Chris and the girls and my family were chearing me on. Thanks Kristine and Lance for helping me.

4 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

I'm so proud of you for deciding you were going to do it, and then doing what it took to get there. You are inspiring! You almost made me want to run a 5k! And you definitely made me want to get into better shape.

Congrats!!

Kristine said...

That was so fun running with you! I loved it. I'm proud of you for setting your mind to it and accomplishing it too! Funny how we aren't a family of runners but we've all had interest and some of us are now runners!

Ryan and Megan said...

Great job Janet!!!!!

Tari said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you! I love your story. Its very inspirational!