Sunday, April 5, 2009

Check this out

So my friend (Abbie) did this map on her blog, she had noticed that people were looking at her blog all over the world, I thought it would be cool so I put it on mine so I could see who looked at my blog right? just so you know i just doubled check and I put "No" on my settings, I looked at my map and the same thing, people from town's I haven't got a clue who lives there is checking out my blog scary right? I put my picture's of my kids on my blog and I don't care for the whole world to view so I think I'm going private, I think I wigged myself out because I want to post thing and not worry who is looking at it.

4 comments:

The Prices said...

I am thinking that it is probley just wherever the blog updates are coming from. Just dont be posting personal info on your blo like where you live, work, the girls school stc and you will be fine.

.:emily:. said...

i've been thinking of going private too. I might export my blog to go private, and keep a main blog that only lets you leave a comment to get added to my private blog....... its weird how many people can get to your blog. 6 degrees of seperation, right!??

Peggy Eddleman said...

That weirded me out, too. I realized that they were coming to my blog from doing a google search for things I had mentioned in my blog. You can go into your settings and tell it not to post to google searches. Then, the only people coming to your blog are people who know the blog address (aka people you know), and people who click on your profile from a comment you have made on someone else's blog (which doesn't really happen too often). Once I did that, I wasn't so nervous. Makes a huge difference. Call me if you want better directions on how to do it. But don't go private! Then you don't show up in my blog list, and I'll forget to check... And that would suck. ;-)

Heidi said...

I know you don't know who I am, but I have been friends with Chris since High school. I don't blame you at all for going private. I did it a while ago, it is too scary of a world. Good luck with it. Tell Chris Hi from David & Heidi. Email us sometime. Dnhrowbury@gmail.com. If you ever come back to the Spanish Fork area, we would love you guys to come for dinner.